So you know this may not be all in order. This is because at girls camp mostly the days get jumbled up and I can't exactly remember what happened on a exact day. People who have gone to girls camp or went with me will understand this. Any way camp didn't start until Tuesday so I had Monday to pack and get everything ready. So Tuesday morning I woke up super early and had my mother take me to the church were I would ride with all the other girls from my ward to camp. We got there at some time around eight thirty. We stopped at this field that they had us drop our stuff off at. Then they brought out the hand carts! Okay so apparently we came to camp on pioneer day so the first day of camp was all pioneer themed. Me and some of my friends pulled it to camp and I think we killed a lot of trees. :) Also that first day we made our own dinner in a dutch oven. It was kind of the hardest first day of camp for me. My Grandma told me before I went to camp that they made their own meals every day. You can tell we really got lazy over the years. Tuesday we also made butter which was pretty fun. Wednesday I did crafts and I went and got a surprise that my friend Sage had left for me. She had gone to camp the week before and was nice and made me a surprise. My surprise was a bandanna, some Lindt chocolate that was delicious, and a card. Wednesday I also lost my voice quite suddenly and sounded like a teenage boy. It was terrible! Thursday I believe I did the polar dip which is when you wake up at six thirty and you go jump into the water. Usually it's really cold but it was actually warm. At first it was shocking but then after like ten seconds it was warm. Later that day
I went actual swimming. Like I stayed in the water for more than five minutes. Friday. I made a dream catcher that was pretty cool and actual easier to make then I thought it was going to be. Saturday we got out beads and then went home. I can't remember which days we did what for certification but one day we had to navigate with a compass and I won a prise for that. I got a spork thingy that's green. It's a spoon on one side and a fork on the other and it's reusable. Another day we made fires with flint and steel. Another day we tested the water. I think it was the day that we tested the water that our certification leader threw a watermelon into the lake and made us get it. She was hoping that one of us would jump in and get it but instead we just got in a boat and got it. Luckily watermelons float! Then after we retrieved it she made us go and figure out a way to cut it open. Luckily some one had a pocket knife with them. So yes we had a watermelon as a treat one day. While I was at camp I became better friends with the friends i already had and I made two new friends. My friend Breanna WHO IS HOME SCHOOLED! and my friend Tessa who is so funny and fun to hang around. I was so happy to make another home schooler friend. I don't have a whole lot of those. I probably have like twenty out my millions of friends. That was a total exaggeration but still you get the point. For crafts on the first day we made head beaded bands which was pretty cool. Well that was camp! ENJOY!
Marley
P.S. Sorry for no pictures. I didn't bring a camera. And even if I did i most likely wouldn't have taken pictures because I always forget.
2 comments:
My favorite things are as follows:
1. Sage left you a present. So awesome!
2. You won a spork. Does it also have a knife edge to it? Kim King brought me back one of those once and we call it a spoon-fork-knife.
Hint - you have to say it fast.
3. You made a new homeschooling friend. I hope I get to meet her!
4. Oh and that you sounded like a teenage boy :)!!
Great post.
It did have a knife on the edge. I hope you get to meet her too. Sage is amazing like that. But I don't know about sounding like a teenage boy. :)
Post a Comment