Marley
Tuesday, June 12, 2012
EFY, Talks, Plays, and all the other stuff
So first I guess I'll talk about EFY and the whole trip there. Oh and the play. So Actually I think I'll start with the play since that happened first. I don't have any pictures of it yet so just deal with it. :) Any way we had play practice monday through the play. Any way the day of the play finally arrived. I felt nervous and not so all at the same time. I kept telling myself that I had done a play before and it wouldn't be any different. Any way it started. I messed up a little in the beginning and a couple times throughout the play. But besides a couple mess ups it went well. Even though we were worst on the first preformance and that's the one people came to most. Any way we went home and my Grandpa Done came to see our play. So any way the next day we had our second and third performances. We did even better on the second performance. That one my Dad and Grandpa got to see all the way through since they knew that later that night they would have to watch children and make them be good and quiet. Any way then after that performance we had a lunch with another Shakespeare group that came from the Tri-Cities. After they left and we had played acting games and eaten we went and prepared for our final performance. I did absolutely perfect in the last performance I don't know about everyone else but I did. After the play ended we took down sets and cleaned up. The only thing that I really hate about being in a play is having it end. I mean the first performance you wish you never had to do it but after you get through it you want to do t every single night even though you know you can't. You get a feeling of 'Ha I'm in a full length play and I'm doing great at it.' It sounds kind of funny but that's how I feel every time in a play. I hope that the next time in a play though that I get a more funny part. I was chosen to be ther serious Govenor which was really hard for me because I enjoy having people laugh at what I say instead of having everyone just stare at me and listen. Oh well. Any way the next day, which was Sunday, I went to church and then we came home I packed to go. You can imagine how busy it was for me. I have play practices and plays the whole week and ahlf before and then I'm leaving to Utah the day after and staying there a week and half. It was a little chaotic but I'm glad i did it. Any way they took me to the air port and dad since he works for the airport security was able to take me all the way up to the plane and along the way I met some of his work friends. Any way I was really thankful that dad could do that especially since it was my first time going on a plane by myself. I haven't been on a plane since I was like four since I last went on a plane I didn't really remember what it was like. It's a really weird fealing being in a plane. Your ears get that weird clogged feeling and as you land they start to pop. On the way there my flight was pretty empty so I got a whole row to myself. It's so funny. You can tell were the states are. When you fly over Washington it's all cloudy and you can't see the ground then as you move towards Utah it gets clearer and clearer until its perfectly clear and you can see the ground. It's really cool. When I landed I went to the luggage claim and I met my cousin Jenica and we went to her home. That night I found out were I got "I'm sorry okay" from. I get it from Jenica. It's so funny my school friends noticed it and kind of make fun of me for it and I had no idea were I got it from. I told Jenica about it and she said she didn't but throughout the whole week she caught herself saying it. It was really funny. The next day we went to EFY. The picture is of me and Jenica about to go in our dorm rooms. I look retarted but oh well. Any way EFY was full of a lot of spiritual and fun things. I might mention some experiences in the future but there's to many to tell them all. Unless you request it you'll just have to wait until I reveal them slowly. But I will tell you this I made a ton of friends and my councilors were super fun and amazing dancers. :)So Saturday we came back and then my cousins Preston and Elise came over and they said lets go camping. It was planned within the day and the next day we woke up early and went camping. We popped a tire in the process but luckily we had a spare. We went to the middle of the dessert which I have never done before but it was fun. On the way there We nearly died from so much bouncing and the fridge opened and everything fell out while we were driving oh wow it wasn't fun. Any way I ate cactus that was really sticky and I ate something called a seagull lily bulb. It was okay. But I learned survival skills I guess. Monday we came back. Monday night I went and watched Mirror Mirror with Jenica. I thought it was a pretty good movie. The next day I left. I got on the plane without to much difficulty only problem was that I got a tad confused because the Salt Lake Air Port is set up a little different than the Seattle. Any way Dad met me and he had gotten me an extrememly cool journal and some candy as a welcome back gift. So things calmed down a bit till Wednesday. So we heard that my great grandma was dying so we went to see her for the last time. So we visited her and for the rest of the day we hung out with Grandma. While we there we watched Anee of Green Gables which made me want to read the books again. Any way we went home that night. I had to mmiss mutual but I had a good reason. The next day G.G. died. So on Saturday we had a memorial lunch thingy. After that I went to a dance. It was okay but I didn't get asked to dance at all and they only played like two songs that I actually liked. Oh well. It's so weird. The stake dances are nothing compared to EFY dances. You get asked to dance several times and they play a variety of line dances. Oh that reminds me. My first day of EFY at orientation they were playing a line dance song that we dance to here at our stake dances any way I was doing the moves in my seat super small and then one of the councilors that was dancing said "You know it! Come up here and dance." And of course it was the first day so I didn't really know how much I was aloud to say no so I did the dance in front of like three hundred or more kids. It was so embarrasing. Okay back to Saturday. I went home after the dance and went staight to bed because the next day I had to give a talk. I think I did a pretty good job. I made people cry which is always an accomplishment. :)Even if one of the people you made cry was your dad. Yesterday I went shopping with mom and dad and I got a whole new out fit that think is super cute. So yes that has been my extremely busy life. Friday we're going to Utah as a family which is exciting. And we'll be staying there for another week and ahalf. Hopefully everything will calm down after it. I've been reading the Anne of Green Gables books. I've just finished the second book. I seriously forgot how much I love them. Really I just love books in general. Any way this post is already extremely long so I'm not going to bore you any longer.
Marley
Marley
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I cant wait for ya'll to come down here!
Just a few more days. We'll be there on Saturday! Can't wait.
Post a Comment