Tuesday, September 17, 2013

This Was My Summer

Well sorry for not posting in forever. I had a busy summer as you well know and then school started. So the first big thing of the summer was Girls Camp. I was lucky enough to be a fourth year and go on this super long hike. But besides my feet getting blisters it was a lot of fun. So this picture is of my fellow back packers.
Here are some of us at the lake. The water was so warm compared to Washington lakes. It was amazing. That's all I've got to say. And it was a great way to get a break from climbing up hills all day.
 
These here are my buds at camp. This is right before we went horseback riding. We went a couple hours after we got back from our hike. I took a nap and let me tell you it was brilliant!
Camp was really fun and I made a lot of new friends from different wards in my stake. The only problem is that there were gnats everywhere and to get to my cabin I had to walk up a steep hill at least four times a day. But I got strong legs so that was a plus. 
 
So the next was trek. I tried to upload more photos but apparently blogger doesn't like them. But I did manage to get one picture downloaded. So here is me braiding my friends hair. Almost the whole time at trek I was braiding hair. In almost all of the pictures I'm either braiding or I look like I'm about to die. My face is so straight faced it's just sad. Anyway it was a lot of fun besides it being 105 degrees and me getting three tick bites. EWW! They're so gross! The food was really good but that may have been because I was really hungry. I made new friends there as well and I got know them really well.

 
And here I am at EFY. I got back from Trek Saturday, packed and went to church Sunday, and then left for EFY early Monday morning. This year was really amazing and I felt like I felt the spirit more than last year. Maybe because I'm older. Anyway here are my people.

This year I didn't know who I was going to room with but the people I got were amazing! I mean look at these awesome roomies of mine!
 
 
A week after I went to EFY me and Townsend were lucky enough to go to Ocean City with our friends the Stramas. For some reason we didn't take a whole lot of pictures but here is Townsend half buried in the sand as a mermaid. Excuse me, a merman. He wanted me to bury him but I don't think he expected the finished product to look like this. :) We went on the Boardwalk, Swam in the Ocean four out of Five days, and went crabbing. Although we didn't catch anything.
 
 
Then about a month later there was my dance that I threw.
 
 These two people helped set up along with a couple other friends and leaders.
 This is just part of the decorations. I wish I had taken more pictures but I was a little busy having fun during the dance and then of course I was helping setting things up as well.
 
 I'd say the dance went really well. Everyone I asked said they were having a fun time and a fairly big amount of people came. It ended up turning out better than I had hoped.
 
So yes that is what my summer was like. It was really fun and amazing in general. Besides it being fun though I think it was my busiest. Anyway I started school a couple weeks ago. I really love my teachers and the classes I'm in. It's a bigger work load of school than I'm usual but I think I'm getting used to it. I also started seminary two weeks ago. I've been feeling like I'm going to all asleep while I'm doing school lately but other than that I love it. I think the main reason I'm so tired is because I'm not taking naps after seminary like I did last year but I've been making up for it on the weekends. Hopefully I'll post more in a while. It'll probably be about school or something, but we'll see. Anyway that's all for now!
Marley
 

No comments: