Thursday, May 6, 2010

I'm not to happy.

So me and my family are almost unpacked and stuff so today I went to go and feed the chickens and I was trying to get them to go outside. SO in our chicken coop we have a door that opens and closes by a string. Well any way I was trying to do that but then all of a sudden the cord slips out of my hands and falls onto a chickens neck. I quickly lifted it up and mom said that we better hope that it was okay later. My mom was with me the whole time. So any way I went outside to check it out and I killed the chicken. It was laying on the floor and not moving with its neck in a weird position. I came inside and told mom and then I started crying mainly because I killed a chicken without even trying to. And killing something does not leave a good feeling. WE went and buried it and that was the end of that part of the day. Then we worked on a garden and that was pretty nice. But then I heard that my G.G. had a stroke so today has not been a very good day. Well that was the end of the sad part of my day and hopefully nothing else happens. That's all for now.

1 comment:

Pure Mommy Extract said...

I'm so sorry that you had that happen. I know how it feels to accidentally kill an animal that is part of your family. When I was 12 or so I reclined the recliner in our living room not knowing that our new kitten was under it. It got caught in the bars and my reclining snapped it's neck =(. It's a tragic memory for sure. I hope you are able to heal from the sadness quickly.

I'll also pray for your G.G. as well. That's a big day for a girl!

How are you liking your new home so far...other than today's rough turn of events?